Saturday, April 18, 2015

Authentique Hexagon box

 

Using Authentique Papers Radiant Collection I cut a hexagon shaped box from the Cricut Design Space Rose Box and topper with my Cricut Explore.  I played all week trying to change things around till I came up with the finished project you see. The Cherish is a Making Memories aluminum word that I painted blue and dry brushed with a darker shade to match the color of the flowers of the papers. The gold butterfly is a German made piece I had in my stash. Love the thickness and usability of Authentique's fabulous papers. In the photo above you can see the cut that I made for the lid.  Used the double sided yellow and pink paper for the roses.
Challenges:
Papercrafters corner Magazine Mondays-Well, inspired by the colored circles I started to scatter the roses across the lid as seen in the top pic but decided against it.  
RCS #98: Overboard  Masculine element is the metal word. Feminine, the roses.
Simon Monday Challenge: In the middle. The centerpiece in the middle of the lid.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Creation. Thanks for playing at RCS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's beautiful! I particularly like the roses on the top. I love how they are yellow and pink...just like some varieties of roses...they have that ombre look. Thanks so much for sharing your work at Red Carpet Studios!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful box! The flowers are the perfect touch to your delightful box. Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a stunning project. Thanks for sharing with us at Red Carpet Studios!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun box! I love it. Thanks for joining us at RCS and hope to see you again.
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete