Sunday, April 17, 2016

Some Odd Girl Home Decor




Using the theme of some challenges as my inspiration, I made this pretty home décor for a friend as a gift. (Shhhh!) I don't want her to know!! ;)  The quote is one of her favorites!!
Supplies are Some Odd Girl clear acrylic stamp, Umbrella Gwen which had come from Simon Says Stamp but no longer is in stock there.  The sky blue is me masking the stamped clouds, and making the background blue with a hand cut "cloud sky" template made by me. The ink is Tsukineko Radiant Neon Electric Blue  (with Ranger sponge dabber) which is so yummy!! The image was stamped using Momento Tuxedo Black, and colored with Copics: E000, 0000, R06, 20, 21, for skin and face. E33, 39, 59, for her hair. Clouds and her Eyes: B000, 39. Dress: Y06,11,17, Her boots, shadow and concrete: 100, C1, 3,5,7,9.  Crystal Laquer for rain drops and eyes. I used copic alcohol or adding dimension to the concrete, and a little to her dress.  The frame was hand painted white, and then Zigzag ribbons added. Background papers are My Minds Eye, and yellow Bazzill cardstocks. The quote was printed on vellum with Lucida handwriting font. I recycled an old wood frame.  I wanted it to look a little rustic and so left it not completely covered with paint so some of the grain shows through..
Challenges I am putting this in are:
Paper Crafter's Corner Magazine Monday # 140: Inspired by the women with umbrellas in the rain, and the beautiful deep colors.
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: April Showers bring May flowers-The "Showers" part.
613 Get Creative-Challenge #172 - Anything Goes-Used recycled old frame.

1 comment:

  1. Cute project! your home decor is so lovely and colorful! thanks for joining us this week on SImon Says Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete