Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Merry Christmas Around the World Tag Day 10




Inspired by the designers examples on Day 10 I have made this brightly colored tag using an array of a combination of different colors as per the challenge with Ellen Hutson 12 Tags for Christmas with a Feminine Twist 2017 Challenge.
The designers did brightly colored tags made with all types of Copic inks and one had an ornament that looked like a globe on it. I followed their lead completely with the supplies I had on hand. First, I used the following Copic Reinkers: BG13, RV29, RV02,Y19 coupled with drops Copper alcohol ink with a base of colorless blender on this piece of glossy cardstock. Making sure that the surface I was using was a craft mat so that the colors didn't permanently die it!! I wore gloves as well!! LOL!! I dried the piece of paper with my embossing heat tool and set it aside.
  Next I used my Tim Holtz Sizzix Globe die cut out of Neenah 80# cardstock. I then inked the die cut with VersaMark Ink pad over the whole surface. After attaching it to a pair of cotton pliers, I poured American Crafts Zing Copper Embossing powder over and then heat set that. Removing the pliers and re inking where they had made a mark, I did it again as to have a dense layer of Copper over the whole die cut image. Viola!

  I then cut my Bright piece of paper into a tag, layering the "World" die cut and adhering with Scrapbook Adhesives 3L pop squares strategically placed with the continents were so as not to show.  Added a die cut Paper Smooches "Merry Christmas" using blue metallic cardstock.
  I love how a plan comes together and this one kinda did. I wish I had that ornament that the designer used but if I win the big prize, I can purchase ALL the supplies I need!! Thank you for following along and hoping everyone is having a wonderful Christmas ALL AROUND THE WORLD!!
Other Challenges I am entering this in are:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Gift It
Simon Says Stamp It's Christmas Challenge

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous ! Love your design
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week. Jo x

    ReplyDelete