Friday, December 22, 2017

Sparkling Blessing Vintage Tea Card


For today's post I wanted to share how to make a glitzy card for the holidays or a special birthday like this one I made. I started with the Vintage Tea Cup Set, which as you know is my favorite of all the Kennedy Grace Creations and was my first stamp set of theirs. The sentiment reads: Blessings to you. You're as special as a vintage tea. Using Neenah Crest White in 80 pound cardstock, I stamped with Memento Tuxedo Ink which is compatible with coloring with Copic Markers. To make the card more luxurious I used Deep Red paired with a hot pink deep red. Markers used were: R29, RV29, RV13. Further, to give the leaves a deep romantic yet vintage feel I pair deep olive greens with blue green: YG63, YG67, BG13. Then to add shadows and make it look three dimensional: C1, and C3.

Next, I chose the newest Spellbinders Chantilly Lace collection called Bella Rose Lattice Layering Frame by Becca Feeken, to frame the beautiful tea set. Using the Tonic Mirror Gold cardstock really made it POP!! I backed it with a stiff American Crafts Glitter cardstock. Also, I had die cut the stamped panel with the frame previously and then adhered all 3 layers (stamped panel, mirror gold, and glitter cardstock) to the card base.
Next came the embellishments and I loved this ribbon with the gold edge and matching deep magenta colors to bring out the colors even more. I made a triple bow, but that didn't seem like enough so I decided to add the vertical ribbon piece with the rhinestone buckle to really bring the sparkle to the already glitzy card! Also, added Wink of Stella in clear to the roses to add glitter to them.
Please take time to go over and see my post on Kennedy Grace Creations blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment