Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Charleston Road Trip Basic Grey layout




 I really enjoyed our road trip to Charleston, SC July 2017!! Getting all my pictures scrapbooked was impossible so I combined all the pictures on one double page layout. I love it with I get inspired from someone's page kit and then turn it into my version of their sketch!! This is old Basic Grey Curio kit from 2010, I found in my stash which I matched up with Prima Marketing flowers, and Say it with Crystals black bling in swirls and lines. These photos are some of the streets through the old town of Charleston which we totally enjoyed seeing!!
Here are two other pictures I posted on Instagram of the fun things we found in that great old city!!
Cotton Wreath Picture
Ribs at Swig N Swine BBQ

The photo of the two of us, was taken against a brick wall after I realized I had not taken any of our trip together, just before leaving!! My daughter was there earlier and she had already left so none of her as well!! Well, maybe next time!

The directions: I chose two basic background papers so as to add to the old vintage street photos, and cut them down as to have a 5x7 matted photo and city name below.
Before I start any page, I work out the layout the way I think it will go, and loosely base all my cuts on that idea. I use Pinterest, Sketches, and ideas to inspire them as I did this one. I will give you measurements of how I did mine but feel free to change anything!

The pink background papers were cut to be 9"x 11 1/2". I inked these with Distress Ink in Walnut brown before gluing them on the papers.  I placed each pink sheet 1 1/2" from the top and bottom with sides of each abutting each other respectfully as seen in first picture above. I inked all the following papers with the same ink before placing them on the layout.
I then added a border at the top and bottom from fussy cutting 3 lace borders from one of the sheets of paper. I matched the two at the top and abuted them to the top of the pink background paper as seen. For the lower lace border I shifted it to the left side and then glued it down and cut through the part that connected the two 12x12 sheets for my double layout.
Next came the arrangement of photos. I chose to make our selfie 5x7, and the others wallet size, and 3.5x5". I matted each with papers from the collection with a 1/4" border, inked and glued in place. Using the Basic Grey Curio "Take Note" package of transparencies I chose the two I used and glued them in place. Using the Alpha Sticker sheet, I chose Happy Times, and added the letters to the center of the top left page. Using a ruler, I lined up the black bling on either side of that title. I then added 3 brads in maroon to the bottom right on the transparency. I used a hole punch since I had difficulty pushing them through. For the second page I chose the black swirl bling, and placed it down being careful to leave room for the 3 flowers I had chosen that matched the photos and layout colors. I had already matted all photos and left room just for this space for the bling and flowers. That makes it so much easier. After everything was glued downed, I tried to write my notes but the pen I had at the crop, started to smear so I stopped. I'll do it later!!

Supplies: Basic Grey Curio: 2 sheets of Cotton, Rose Water, Gonach, Linen, Cabriole pattern papers. Curio Alpha Sticker Sheet; Curio Take Notes Transparency kit; Indian Summer brads. Scotch Tape Runner. Glue Dots for flowers. Prima Marketing flowers from my stash. Prima Marketing Say it with crystals in black, and lines; Ranger Ink Distressing Ink in Walnut with blending tool; Ruler; Hole punch and  Scissors.Walgreen photo developing of wallet size photos by doing them in Collage setting of 4x6 to make them the perfect size I needed.
Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Road Trip

1 comment:

  1. Such a nice page, love the pretty pictures. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete